The Process Development and Analytical team at OXGENE is involved in the implementation and generation of upstream, downstream and analytical technologies related to viral vector and antibody manufacture. The team works closely with the viral vector manufacture, cell line development and antibody expression teams using OXGENE proprietary mammalian cell lines and genetic systems. We aim to generate state of the art processes to address unmet needs and facilitate development of complex biopharmaceuticals.
The team utilises a wide range of technologies including AMBR15, DASGIP STR bioreactors, TFF, AKTA/Preparative chromatography, qPCR, SDS-PAGE/Western blot, HPLC and ELISA. This role will manage the diverse activities of the team ensuring alignment with business goals. An additional requirement is the ability to initiate and direct collaborative efforts with customers and partners. Prior experience in process scale-up and technology transfer activities in a commercial/industrial environment would be considered essential.
At OXGENE we aim to use statistical/computational methods to enable efficient process and platform design – familiarity with use of automation, design of experiments and quality by design would be highly advantageous.
- Day to day management of process development and analytical team
- To support Scientist colleagues with experimental design and approach
- To generate customer proposals, working with the commercial team
- Liaise with customers and third parties, providing regular updates and troubleshooting
- Act as a subject matter expert for process development and analytical technologies
- Support commercial activities by attending conferences/trade shows, as required
- Develop and nurture a high-performing team, and provide associated training
- Other appropriate duties as required
- Ph.D. or MSc in relevant area (e.g. Biochemical Engineering), along with significant experience in an industry setting
- Experience with developing and optimising scalable manufacturing processes
- High-level understanding of gene therapy vectors, and associated product quality attributes
- Direct experience working in a regulated industry, authoring/utilising SOPs, and templated documentation within ISO 9001:2015 quality management standard (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing and developing a team of Scientists and Technicians
- High-level attention to detail
- Previous experience of developing suspension processes for viral vectors
- Understanding of multiple methods outlined in role overview sufficient to provide guidance to scientist already familiar with the methods and specialised in their respective fields
- Direct knowledge around rAAV, lentiviral or adenoviral vector manufacture
- Understanding of GMP regulations and QbD principles and guidelines for process development
- The ability to empower and incentivise team members
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
Current Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus UK Public holidays and a day off on your birthday; Pension with salary exchange and employer contribution; Group life cover; Employee assistance programme; Business travel insurance; Private medical insurance with great wellbeing benefits as a benefit in kind; Glasses Vouchers; Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days; Oxford Science park free parking and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
Our Oxford offices benefit from kitchen facilities on each floor with freshly ground coffee, tea, fruit juices, fruit and biscuits.
Culture: A chance to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment; 2 whole company communication presentation events each year; Fun Factor social events including regular science presentations; regular TGIFriday events; Annual 2-day Staff Away Days; additional social committee events; and a commitment to quality, health and safety.
Environment: Modern offices and laboratories with a friendly working environment in a diverse and expanding company.
Values: Employee values include scientific excellence, ambition, diversity, teamwork and fun.
INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, as a small company, we have very limited ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points based system, and we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 work visas for international graduates / candidates.