This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Quality and Laboratory Management team as a Quality Associate. In this role you will play an integral part in the implementation and administration of processes and procedures to sustain and improve quality related activities within the company. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a life science subject and possess a strong desire to work in Quality Assurance within the biotechnology industry.
- Work within the Quality Management team to ensure the introduction and compliance with quality standards across all ongoing activities
- Perform internal audits to support the maintenance and effectiveness of the QMS
- Management of nonconformities and corrective actions; provide input into investigation and implementation
- Conduct formal staff training on quality related procedures and maintain the staff training matrix
- Maintain the document control system to ensure changes to processes and systems are appropriately addressed and implemented
- Maintain and develop the company quality systems, records, logs and databases as required
- Work closely with other departments and teams to provide input on quality requirements
- Provide input into strategies for continual improvement and actively contribute to their implementation
- Other appropriate duties as required
- BSc in a life science subject, with work experience in a life sciences laboratory environment
- Experience working to ISO 9001 or GxP quality standards
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Confident and articulate communicator (both written and verbal), with the ability to convey and present information to others clearly and logically
- Experience in coordinating stakeholder groups to achieve set objectives
- Ability to effectively plan and manage several tasks simultaneously and manage time successfully
- Ability to work to high quality standards and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to apply creative solutions to drive continual improvement
- Experience working in a commercial/industrial setting within the biotechnology industry
- Ability to interpret and practically apply ISO 9001 requirements and guidelines
- Ability to work independently
- Adaptable to meet changing situations, work to deadlines and under pressure
- Good team player building constructive working relationships
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
25 days annual leave plus UK Public holidays and a day off on your birthday; Pension with salary exchange and employer contribution; Group life cover; Employee assistance programme; Private medical insurance with great wellbeing benefits as a benefit in kind; Glasses Vouchers; Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days; Oxford Science park free parking and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
A chance to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment; 2 whole company communication presentation events each year; social events including regular science presentations; regular TGIFriday events; Annual 2-day Staff Away Days; additional social committee events; and a commitment to quality, health and safety.
INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, as a small company, we have very limited ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points based system, and we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 work visas for international graduates / candidates.