The Quality Associate will support the implementation and administration of processes and procedures to sustain and improve quality related activities within the company. The appointee will work within the Quality and Laboratory Management team to maintain the Quality Management System and to ensure activities are carried out in line with the company policies and procedures. The role will involve extensive interaction with internal stakeholders to promote best practice and suit a person who gains satisfaction from seeing their work make a systematic and positive contribution to the business. The position will be based at our offices in Oxford and reports directly to the Quality Manager.
- Provide support to the Quality Manager by ensuring the introduction and compliance of established quality standards across all ongoing activities
- Perform internal audits to support the maintenance and effectiveness of the QMS
- Management of nonconformities and corrective actions; provide input into investigation and implementation
- Conduct formal staff training on quality related procedures and maintain the staff training matrix
- Maintain the document control system to ensure changes to processes and systems are appropriately assessed and implemented
- Maintain and develop the company quality systems, records, logs and databases as required
- Provide input into strategies for continual improvement and actively contribute to their implementation
- Other appropriate duties as required
- BSc in a relevant discipline, with work experience in a life sciences laboratory environment
- Experience working to ISO 9001 or GxP quality standards
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Confident with highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills applied to formal training environment
- Experience in coordinating stakeholder groups to achieve set objectives
- Ability to effectively plan and manage workload in order to fully meet individual and departmental objectives and KPIs
- Perform routine or repetitious tasks with care and attention, check work for errors and understand the importance of detail
- Experience working in a commercial/industrial setting
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a determination to succeed
- Proactive approach to problem solving and task completion
- Adaptable to meet changing situations
- Flexible team player willing to assist others at busy times
Role Benefits: A great opportunity to start or develop a career in the exciting and growing biotechnology industry.
Closing Date: This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
We are located in the UK and USA.
The UK office is located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
Current Company Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus UK Public holidays and a day off on your birthday; Pension with salary exchange and employer contribution; Group life cover; Employee assistance programme; Business travel insurance; Private medical insurance with great wellbeing benefits as a benefit in kind; Glasses Vouchers; Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days; Oxford Science park free parking and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
Our Oxford offices benefit from kitchen facilities on each floor with freshly ground coffee, tea, fruit juices, fruit and biscuits.
Culture: A chance to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment; 2 whole company communication presentation events each year; Fun Factor social events including regular science presentations; regular TGIFriday events; Annual 2-day Staff Away Days; additional social committee events; and a commitment to quality, health and safety.
Environment: Modern offices and laboratories with a friendly working environment in a diverse and expanding company.
Values: Employee values include scientific excellence, ambition, diversity, teamwork and fun.
Information for international candidates
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, as a small company, we have very limited ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points based system, and we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 work visas for international graduates / candidates.