This position will be responsible for Office 365 / SharePoint administration and will assist in management and roll-out of commercial and R&D software projects and services; promoting and enabling use of Office 365 software tools, ELN and LIMS systems and providing end-user support and training for software whilst collaborating with IT colleagues to ensure operational security, maintenance and governance.
- In conjunction with the CEO, project manage the development, deployment and maintenance of the in-house connex system, including ELN and LIMS systems
- Input into the development of Office 365 strategy and roadmaps
- Provide advice on best usage and utilization of Office 365 applications
- Office 365 program and workflow design, deployment and implementation
- Configuration of tools and enhancements/features of new product suites and services, supporting and resolving user deployment issues
- Writing scripts for process automation
- Provision of operational support and training across OXGENE’s Office 365 platform, including health checks and reporting
- IT software and maintenance contract negotiation and procurement
- Maintain records of Windows, MS Office and other third party software updates, ensuring that security patches and other updates are applied and installed promptly
- Trouble shoot Exchange and other MS Office-related issues when alerted by monitoring software
- Monitoring helpdesk queries and resolving tickets
- Set up, configuration and training for new employees and general end-user hardware/software support and training
- Monitoring and maintaining secure configuration of Office 365 according to best practice
- Have proven experience of SharePoint deployment
- Successfully project delivery of Office 365 and other software project implementations
- Software development and scripting
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Have proven investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse problems and communicate effectively with good attention to detail
Platform Experience Required:
- Core Microsoft technologies including Windows, Azure, Office 365 (including SharePoint), Active Directory, PowerShell scripting
- Deployment and support of SharePoint and SharePoint administration
- Office 365 Spam administration
- Migration methods with Office 365
- Backups of data from Office 365
- Scripting (Powershell, Python, bash)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field
- Microsoft certification MCSE, MCITP, MCSA in SharePoint and/or Office 365
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Office 365 technologies gained in a technical support role
- Strong understanding of day-to-day functionality in Microsoft software and services such as Skype for Business, Lync, Yammer, One Drive, Exchange, Teams and Active Directory
- Helpdesk experience and ability to provide technical end-user support
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach and with proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives
- A team player who is hands-on, hardworking, highly self-motivated and with strong leadership capability
- Can work to strict deadlines and remain positive and calm under pressure
- Good attention to detail and desire to “get it right first time”
- Ability to work in a challenging and demanding environment with changing priorities
- Ability to lift and/or carry heavy items on an occasional basis
- Experience with remote desktop tools and in supporting remote users
- Prior experience of working in a life sciences or drug discovery/pharma company
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.
We are located in the UK and USA.
The UK office is located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
Current Company Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus UK Public holidays and a day off on your birthday; Pension with salary exchange and employer contribution; Group life cover; Employee assistance programme; Business travel insurance; Private medical insurance with great wellbeing benefits as a benefit in kind; Glasses Vouchers; Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days; Oxford Science park free parking and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
Our Oxford offices benefit from kitchen facilities on each floor with freshly ground coffee, tea, fruit juices, fruit and biscuits.
Culture: A chance to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment; 2 whole company communication presentation events each year; Fun Factor social events including regular science presentations; regular TGIFriday events; Annual 2-day Staff Away Days; additional social committee events; and a commitment to quality, health and safety.
Environment: Modern offices and laboratories with a friendly working environment in a diverse and expanding company.
Values: Employee values include scientific excellence, ambition, diversity, teamwork and fun.
Information for international candidates
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, as a small company, we have very limited ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points based system, and we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 work visas for international graduates / candidates.