We are looking for a highly experienced Head of HR to join us in an exciting new role, supporting our growing business. Reporting to and working closely with the Executive team to help deliver our company ambitions, you will develop and oversee the overall HR Strategy for OXGENE, guiding the business through periods of change as we grow. You will take responsibility for mentoring and developing our senior managers and for delivering targeted people plans with the support of our HR Advisor.
The position is part time (60% FTE) but for the right candidate we can be flexible with how the hours are distributed.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to translate the Business’ plans into HR strategic plans.
- Be responsible, with Group Leaders, for ensuring that the implementation of a cohesive HR strategy is in line with overall Business strategy.
- Engage closely with the resource planning and project management teams to enable recruitment in line with changing business needs.
- Responsible for the leadership, development and coordination of management training and development programs needed for all staff.
- Provide mentoring and support to the HR Advisor.
- Sponsor/initiate key HR Projects.
- Ensure rewards packages are designed to attract and retain key talent.
- Define HR KPIs against business plan and drive actions to ensure achievement.
- Coach/drive senior managers on key HR processes.
- Coach senior managers and support them in their coaching and mentoring activities.
- Ensure adherence to relevant employment law.
- Work closely with the Quality Team to drive adoption and adherence to company practices and policies.
- Maintain awareness of HR related external changes.
- University degree educated and fully CIPD qualified to Level 7.
- Previous generalist HR management experience including staffing, compensation and benefits, organisational development, problem solving/business analysis and talent management.
- Experience of handling complex employment relation matters.
- Sound knowledge and experience of applying UK employment law.
- Strong presentation and exceptional training delivery & facilitation skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a scientific or technology businesses.
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proven success in leading change, strategy design and delivery, project leadership, managing and influencing in a complex environment and senior stakeholder management.
- An interest and understanding of life sciences.
- Project management skills project planning, execution, measurement.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
25 days annual leave plus UK Public holidays and a day off on your birthday; Pension with salary exchange and employer contribution; Group life cover; Employee assistance programme; Private medical insurance with great wellbeing benefits as a benefit in kind; Glasses Vouchers; Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days; Oxford Science park free parking and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
A chance to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment; 2 whole company communication presentation events each year; social events including regular science presentations; regular TGIFriday events; Annual 2-day Staff Away Days; additional social committee events; and a commitment to quality, health and safety.
INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, as a small company, we have very limited ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points based system, and we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 work visas for international graduates / candidates.