The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage customer specific projects and act as the primary point of contact between OXGENE and the Customer during an active project. This will require the ability to manage projects with a cross-functional team to achieve goals and objectives. This position requires the utilization of leadership, technical, and team-building skills along with project management and scheduling techniques.
The Project Manager is expected to drive performance from the operations team including prioritization, escalation and identification of bottlenecks, as well as providing a solution to deliver on the financial commitments each month and quarter.
- Work closely with the Sales teams, the customer, and all relevant OXGENE Support and Operational Departments
- In collaboration with operations, write the scope of work, outline the costs, recommend the sales price and timeline for OXGENE custom solutions
- Focus on the successful management and execution of custom projects and deliver the solution to the customer
- Monitor and report on progress to Management and the customer. This includes capturing scope change for impact to projects revenue and timelines and managing complex projects through milestones to commercial success including adherence to time, quality and budget
- Communicate project activities with the project team and customer to ensure awareness of project delays, issues and successes
- Coordinate all activities including outlining, scheduling and facilitation of regular customer conference calls, providing meeting notes and follow up action items, internal progress meeting and soliciting commercial support as necessary for customer communication and meeting project deliverables and expectations
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the position, as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in in Biological Sciences or Business Discipline essential
- Project management (>1-3 years) experience in custom pharmaceutical or biotech or industry
- Practical knowledge of project management and process improvement techniques
- Excellent and proven team building and team motivational skills
- Knowledge of GLP, GMP and/or other relevant quality systems
- Knowledge of the stage gate management process for project execution and tracking
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. They must be able to establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company
- General financial knowledge and Business Acumen
- Excellent organizational, decision making and negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks. They must be able to work under pressure
- Sales and quality driven, strong motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe
- Thorough understanding software tools such as knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially MS Project
- Higher degree in Biological Sciences or Business Discipline is desirable
- Ability to travel occasionally to visit customers and attend trade shows
We are located in the UK and USA.
The UK office is located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
Current Company Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus UK Public holidays and a day off on your birthday; Pension with salary exchange and employer contribution; Group life cover; Business travel insurance; Employee assistance programme; Business travel insurance; Private medical insurance with great wellbeing benefits as a benefit in kind; Glasses Vouchers; Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days; Oxford Science park free parking and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
Our Oxford offices benefit from kitchen facilities on each floor with freshly ground coffee, tea, fruit juices, fruit and biscuits.
Culture: A chance to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment; 2 whole company communication presentation events each year; Fun Factor social events including regular science presentations; regular TGIFriday events; Annual 2-day Staff Away Days; additional social committee events; and a commitment to quality, health and safety.
Environment: Modern offices and laboratories with a friendly working environment in a diverse and expanding company.
Values: Employee values include scientific excellence, ambition, diversity, teamwork and fun.