We’re looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and highly organised Commercial Coordinator to join our busy commercial team. This is a varied role, which will involve working closely with the Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Project Management and Technical teams. The main function will be to help the team successfully juggle competing priorities and deadlines, without letting anything drop.
This is a growing team, so there is plenty of scope for development, and opportunity to get involved in all the team’s activities, depending on interest and experience.
The post holder will support the commercial area of the business with marketing administration and sales support. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to really make a difference to our operation.
Communications and Marketing Support
- Manage our scientific and commercial teams’ conference attendance and follow-up, from registering delegates to shipping marketing materials, while helping us keep on top of all production and submission deadlines in between
- Support the Marketing and Communications team to manage OXGENE’s social media activity including monitoring and reporting on success of campaigns
- Manage OXGENE’s award nominations and applications
- Organise and maintain mailing lists for media and PR activity
Commercial Team Support
- Organise OXGENE’s monthly science meetings
- Manage routine website updates
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the position, as required
Project Management Support
- Support the commercial team with production of sales quotes and invoices from our software system
- Track and report commercial opportunities as they proceed through the sales process
- Handle customer enquiries from time to time, including issuing of documentation
- Prepare customer facing price estimates for the Business Development team
- Prepare quotes for clients
- Proof reading statements of work after completion by the project managers
- Organisation and filing of material transfer documents
- Experience of managing competing deadlines and priorities
- Experience of coordinating corporate events
- Ability to be proactive and take initative
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to collaborate with different teams and build relationships
- Excellent IT Skills with experience of using Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- A high-level of attention to detail
- Previous experience with writing and updating website content using a Content Management System
- Previous experience with social media and data analytics
- Previous experience of project management (APM or PRINCE2)
Closing Date: This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
We are located in the UK and USA. The UK office is located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
Current Company Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus UK Public holidays and a day off on your birthday; Pension with salary exchange and employer contribution; Group life cover; Business travel insurance; Employee assistance programme; Business travel insurance; Private medical insurance with great wellbeing benefits as a benefit in kind; Glasses Vouchers; Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days; Oxford Science park free parking and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company.
Our Oxford offices benefit from kitchen facilities on each floor with freshly ground coffee, tea, fruit juices, fruit and biscuits.
Culture: A chance to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment; 2 whole company communication presentation events each year; Fun Factor social events including regular science presentations; regular TGIFriday events; Annual 2-day Staff Away Days; additional social committee events; and a commitment to quality, health and safety.
Environment: Modern offices and laboratories with a friendly working environment in a diverse and expanding company.
Values: Employee values include scientific excellence, ambition, diversity, teamwork and fun.