We are looking for another Business Development Manager to join our growing team. Our talented Business Development Managers are responsible for building customer relationships and promoting OXGENE’s technologies, services and products to achieve or exceed sales targets. We’re looking for ambitious candidates, with excellent commercial experience, deep understanding of mammalian molecular or cellular biology in CRISPR engineering, and a passion for cutting edge science.
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and grow your business for both short and long-term revenue growth
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Identify your customers’ needs, goals and challenges, and provide solutions to these through the proper positioning of OXGENE products, services, knowledge and expertise; inform, train and influence customers
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain a regular presence within your territory
- Follow-up on leads, close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinating appropriate resources for customer visits
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs, drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Manage forecasting and pipeline by utilizing the CRM to manage, track, and report on all sales activities; provide, accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory
- Work collaboratively with all business partners (customer service, technical service, marketing and project management, etc.) to handle customer requests
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; degree in biological or chemical sciences
- An understanding of CRISPR technology in the gene editing market
- Previous experience in contract or services negotiations, or licensing
- Previous business development experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit, assertive and can manage abstract commercial situations
- Ability to understand highly technical concepts and then explain these and their benefits to others
- Experience in mammalian expression/bioproduction systems and/or gene therapy and/or virology would be an advantage
- PhD or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; degree in biological or chemical sciences
- Excellent understanding of pharma and biotech drug discovery and manufacturing process
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to senior levels of the client organization
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and through presentations
- Solid understanding of sales processes and CRM
- The ability to travel up to approximately 50% of the time on occasions
- Being able to deal with ambiguity
- Experience with European travel and selling to customers in Europe
- The ability to read and communicate verbally in at last one other European language – preferably French or German
We are located in the UK and USA. The location of this role will be field based in the UK.
The UK office is located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
OXGENE offers a generous benefits package:
- 25 days annual leave and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Long service benefits including annual leave rising to 30 days
- Group life cover
- Glasses vouchers
- Emloyee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Oxford Science Park Free parking
- Friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding company
Company culture and environment
OXGENE offers a friendly working environment in a diverse and expanding company.
- Opportunity to make a difference in a promotion-from-within environment
- Regular whole-company presentations, including regular scientific updates
- Annual two-day staff away days
- A commitment to quality, health and safety.
Our employee valudes include scientific excellence, ambition, diversity, teamwork and fun.
Closing Date: This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.
Information for international candidates
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, as a small company, we have very limited ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points based system, and we are unable to sponsor Tier 2 work visas for international graduates / candidates.