SnapFast™ and SnapFast™ Pro Plasmids
Limited Use Label Licence (LULL) Information Page
OXGENE offers SnapFast Plasmids and SnapFast Pro Plasmids (Plasmids) with two types of licence: research use and GMP use. In addition a commercial use licence is available for SnapFast Plasmids only. Every Plasmid supplied comes with a research use licence as standard. GMP use and commercial use licences give you additional rights in exchange for additional licence fees and milestone payments. Unless you pay for a commercial use licence or GMP use licence, your use of the Plasmid is subject to the research use licence terms.
The supply of a Plasmid with a research use licence conveys to the customer limited, non-transferable rights to use the product for Research Purposes, as defined below, subject to the conditions set out in this LULL.
The supply of a Plasmid with a GMP use licence conveys to the customer limited, non-transferable rights to use the product for GMP Production Purposes as defined below, subject to the conditions set out in this LULL and in a separate Licence Agreement.
The supply of a SnapFast Plasmid with a commercial use licence conveys to the customer limited, non-transferable rights to use the product for Commercial Purposes, as defined below, subject to the conditions set out in this LULL and in a separate Licence Agreement.
If you have purchased a commercial use licence or a GMP use licence through our website you must contact us at email@example.com to obtain a separate Licence Agreement for these uses and may not use the Plasmid for anything other than Research Purposes until you have entered into that Licence Agreement with us.
In this LULL the following terms have the meanings set out below:
Research Purposes means any use for internal research purposes but excludes use for Commercial Purposes and GMP Production Purposes.
Commercial Purposes means use in the provision of commercial services to a third party for monetary gain, including but not limited to: (a) any use, directly or indirectly, in manufacturing and/or production, or quality control; or (b) any use to provide a service, information, or data for consideration; but does not include any sale, resale, leasing, or licensing of the Plasmid, or any copy, progeny, variant or derivative thereof.
GMP Production Purposes means use in the manufacture of therapeutic, diagnostic, prophylactic or other medical products or devices intended for use in humans or non-human animals or intended for any other use that involves commercial sale of a product or service. If a molecule or any derivative of a molecule is used in or administered to humans, then any Plasmid used in the production of that molecule, or the Plasmid itself, shall be deemed to have been used for GMP Production Purposes.
Your right to use the Plasmid is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- You may not transfer the Plasmid to any third party other than a group company or a bona fide third-party contractor using the Plasmid to perform work for Research Purposes solely on your behalf, or as permitted under the terms of a GMP use or commercial use licence.
- Subject to clause 3, Plasmids supplied with a research use licence can be used for Research Purposes indefinitely.
- We may terminate your right to use the Plasmid by immediate written notice if you fail to comply with these terms and conditions. Upon such termination you shall destroy the Plasmid, and all copies, progeny and derivatives thereof in your control, and certify in writing to OXGENE that you have done so.
- You may not file a patent application in any country in the world with claims directed to the Plasmid or its use.
- You may not deposit the Plasmid, or any copies, progeny or derivatives thereof, in any publicly accessible, institutional, or centralized repository, be it profit or non-profit based, without prior written approval of OXGENE.