OXGENE takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
OXGENE (we/our/us) takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy and cookies policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you when you interact with us, or that is provided by you through your use of our website at www.oxfordgenetics.com (the Website), will be processed by us.
If you wish to contact us regarding this privacy and cookies policy, please contact us using the contact details set out here . Oxford Genetics LTD is the data controller. Our registered office is at Medawar Centre, Robert Robinson Avenue, Oxford, OX4 4HG, United Kingdom.
This privacy and cookies policy does not apply to websites that you may be able to access via links on the Website. Please ensure you review any relevant policies on any third-party websites before proceeding.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Data We Collect from You or About You And Our Sources Of That Data
We will collect the following data about you:
Data you give us. You may give us data about you:
- when you register for an account on the Website;
- when you purchase good(s) via the Website;
- when you fill out the contact us form via the Website;
- when you sign up to our newsletter;
- when you talk to us via our chat box;
- when you report a problem with the Website;
- when you provide us with feedback, opinions and/or comments regarding the Website; and
- if you contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, e-mail or otherwise) for any other reason (for example, to request further services from us).
Data we collect about you. We will automatically collect the following:
- when you use the Website, details of your usage (including the date, time, location or duration of the usage);
- if you visit the Website, certain technical information, for example, the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access the Website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform; and
- information about your visit to the Website including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Data we collect from or are provided with by third parties.
We may be given or collect personal data about you from LiveChat when you use our chat box and from Survey Monkey when you complete an enquiry form.
Purpose and Legal Basis For Processing Your Data
We will process the personal data held about you for the purposes stated below:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you or provide you with our products or access to the Website.
Where we have a legal basis to use your personal data without consent (as we have described above), this policy fulfils our duty to process personal data fairly and lawfully and in a manner that you would expect given the nature of our relationship with you, by giving you appropriate notice and explanation of the way in which your personal data will be used.
Where consent is required for our use of your personal data as described above, we will request your consent. Typically, we would collect your consent by giving you the ability to perform an action such as ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent to us (for example, by email or by your providing us with non-mandatory information).
You can always change your mind about our processing of your personal data. If you change your mind please contact us using the details set out below.
As mentioned above, we would like to send you our newsletter which may be of interest to you. However, we will only send you marketing messages if you would like us to. For example, we may ask you whether you would like us to send you marketing emails when you sign up to the Website, or when you contact us via the Website. You will have the opportunity to clearly set out whether you wish to receive marketing emails from us by ticking the relevant box.
We will not provide your personal data to other businesses so they can use your personal data for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us, please contact us using the contact details set out below. You can also manage your preferences by changing your account settings within the Website.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Website. If we do, we use third party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with selected third parties in accordance with this policy, including:
- service providers (for example, IT services or CRM services), business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for example, for the performance of any contract we enter into with your organisation, but also when providing you with our communications;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information);
- professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, accounting and insurance services to us;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets or receive investment into our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or investor
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any contract between you and us; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our members and others; and
- a third party that acquires all or substantially all of our assets, in which case personal data held by us, including your personal data, will be one of the transferred assets (but we will let you know before this happens).
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be transferred to, processed and stored within the countries comprising the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (whether or not it is then a member of the EEA).
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA or the United Kingdom, we will ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data (having an adequacy decision). To find out which countries are covered by this, please see here.
- Where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission for a country outside the EEA (which means it is not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data), we ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection by the persons to whom it is transferred. We do this in one or both of the following ways:
- use of the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- seeking agreement to the EU standard contractual clauses.
If you would like to find out more about these safeguards, please contact us using the details set out below.
All information you provide to us or that we collect from you is stored on our secure servers or on the servers of our respective hosting service providers, which we may change from time to time. Appropriate technical and organisational measures will be used to safeguard your personal data.
If you have registered on the Website and we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the members only section of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We maintain, and ensure that anyone we share your personal data with maintains, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for all personal data we process. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure.
Retaining Personal Data
We will retain the personal data we receive or collect about you for the period reasonably required for us to use it in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy or in accordance with our legal rights and obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case the anonymised data will no longer be considered personal data and we may use it without further notice to you.
Even if you request that we erase your data, we may still need to keep it (please see below) or may keep it in a form that does not identify you.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access. You have the right of access to data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right to retain it). Please note that your rights to request erasure may be limited by applicable law.
- Restriction. You also have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data if the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller if the legal basis for processing such personal data is consent or performance of a contract.
- Object /change of preferences. You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. For example, if you have given your consent to receive our newsletters or other marketing communications, but have changed your mind, you have the ability to opt out from receiving such communications in the future by contacting us using the details provided below or by clicking the relevant link in any communications you receive.
- Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please note that if you ask us to stop processing your personal data in a certain way or erase your personal data, and this type of processing or data is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or to allow us to respond to your query, you may not be able to use the Website or receive responses from us as you did before, or at all.
Please note that the rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us using the details set out below.
How to Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding the privacy and cookies policy are welcomed and should be sent to us at email@example.com.
Please also contact us if you would like to know more about our data processing activities, to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect.